Hey Students! With finals only a couple weeks away, we thought we’d give you some helpful tips that have helped students in the past prepare for their finals. Finals are the most important part of the quarter and we want to see you succeed, not stressed out!
It’s always a good idea to be prepared for midterms and finals. If you go into finals week prepared and relaxed, you are more likely to do better.
Six Tips to be better prepared for Finals Week
1) You can get FREE scantrons (all different kinds) in the ASI Main Office located on the second floor of the Old Union – Save yourself a couple bucks from the Bookstore and go get your scantrons for free… Can’t refuse that deal!
2) The SCAA Department (Student Center for Academic Achievement) is located on the second floor of the CSUEB Library. The SCAA provides free tutoring to students in all subjects. They also offer many workshops to help you prepare for the WST (Writing Skills Test), which every student must take in order to graduate. Don’t be shy to ask for some help. It’s much better to get help from a tutor than to fail a class!
3) Make sure to re-read the teachers syllabus to double check the dates and times of your exams. By knowing the date a couple weeks in advance, you’ll be able to begin studying sooner rather than cramming all the information in at the last minute.
4) To help you relax right before of after finals, go to the RAW center. The RAW center offers 30 minutes massages for $15 dollars. Great way to de-stress. Make an appointment now! https://shsweb.csueastbay.edu/osh/ <—- Use your net id and password to login. Click on “New Appointment” tab on the left side of your screen. Then select the Massage Therapy option under the drop box categories. Select your date and make an appointment!
5) Eat Healthy – Maintaining a healthy diet can help stimulate your brain and improve your concentration. There are reports that vitamins B, C, E, beta-carotene, and magnesium can boost brain power. Here is a list of foods that will help increase your concentration and boost your memory:
6) Allow yourself to take breaks – When you give your brain a chance to relax, it allows your brain to retain more information and increases productivity. Read this article from Psych Central News – it explains the importance of taking breaks!
Hopefully these tips will help you guys with your upcoming finals! Good luck to you all!
Follow us on Facebook to learn more about ASI! http://www.facebook.com/csuebasi